Monday, September 29, 2008

Young Hollywood Declares Themselves


Young Hollywood and Declare Yourself affiliates registered to vote at
the DY Domino Effect party on Wednesday, Sept. 25. The event was held at the Green Door in Hollywood, and was one of the organization's final attempts to garner in media attention before voter registration deadlines pass. For more on the event visit the DY Blog.


Norman Lear's original copy of the DOI was a major attraction at the event. Historians stood by the famous document to answer any questions curious minds had. Lear bought his copy, which was found in the back of a picture frame sold for $4.00, for $8 million at an auction. He has then took the document on tour across the country, thereby beginning the Declare Yourself campaign.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Unfortunately I could not get the moblog up until tonight because I couldn't figure out how to do it. Little did I know that my phone required me to e-mail the photos and posts.

katherine said...

While I'm not the biggest fan of celebrities and the see-and-be-seen crowd, I think this is a really effective way to inspire young people to vote.

Ashley said...

I agree, I think that this is a great way to inspire the youth vote. Good post!